Iowa City Car Accident Attorneys
Let Us Handle Your Auto Accident Claim
Getting into a car accident with a reckless or negligent driver is painful. Dealing with their auto insurance company afterward is frustrating. It might seem like too much to go through the steps necessary to get the compensation you deserve after the crash. But our team from LaMarca Law Group, P.C. is here to encourage you to keep going by relying on us for legal counsel and representation.
Throughout our careers and many years of practice, we have gone head-to-head with auto insurance companies time and again. We know their tactics, strategies, and weaknesses. When you leave us in charge of your case, you can be confident that it will be handled correctly from start to finish. While we work on everything, you just need to work on getting better.
On This Page
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Car Accident Injuries
- Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- We Offer Free Consultations to Inquiring Clients
Talk to our Iowa City car accident lawyers by dialing (515) 705-0233 today.
Car accidents happen for all sorts of reasons. Underscoring most of those reasons, though, is one common problem: negligence. When a driver does not prioritize safety while driving, they put themselves and everyone else on the road in danger. A simple act of negligence could be all it takes to dramatically worsen a life forever.
Five common causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving: Thousands of preventable drunk driving accidents happen each day across the U.S. Filing your claim against the drunk driver might help bring that number down by reinforcing the importance of sober driving at all times.
- Texting-and-driving: Distracted drivers can be just as dangerous as intoxicated drivers in some situations. The biggest distraction on Iowa’s roads these days comes in the form of smartphones, which cause immediate distractions through text messages.
- Speeding: Breaking the speed limit is one of the most common forms of reckless driving. Not only does a car become more difficult to control the faster it travels, but it also creates a higher and higher risk of severe injury in a crash as it gains speed.
- Roadway defects: If you crashed because of a defect with the road – like a deep pothole, missing guardrail, or broken traffic light – then it might be possible to hold a local municipal agency liable for your damages.
- Auto part defects: Auto part manufacturer negligence can be a surprising problem for motorists, too. If your crash was caused by a part defect that made you lose control of your vehicle, then our attorneys can take your claim against the part manufacturer or automaker.
Each year, car accidents cause more preventable injuries than essentially every other type of accident and incident. When we receive a call from a car accident client, we know that we might be hearing from someone who has suffered a catastrophic injury in a wreck. We get ready to network with medical experts who can help us understand your injury, how it has impacted your wellbeing, and how it will change your life for years to come.
Some of the worst yet common injuries suffered in violent car accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Permanent scarring
Following a car accident, you want to start thinking about how to build your claim as soon as possible. Even before you leave the scene of the crash, you should look for ways to preserve evidence of liability. You might be surprised by how many steps you can take to do just that.
Five important steps to take after a car accident include:
- Call 911: Emergency responders can rush to the scene to provide necessary assistance. Our attorneys can later get reports from those responders, which might help build your argument.
- Exchange information: Get contact and insurance information from all other drivers involved. If the other driver has no insurance, you still need to be able to identify and contact them.
- Take pictures: Your smartphone can take plenty of pictures after a crash, so use it. Photograph the vehicles, injuries, traffic conditions, weather, and anything else that seems important.
- Talk to witnesses: If a Good Samaritan stopped to help you after the wreck, ask for their contact information and pass it along to our attorneys. We can interview them later to see if they can give a statement that will help you.
- See a doctor: Always see a medical expert after a car accident, even if you feel unharmed. A doctor can spot the signs of underlying injuries. It is also good to have an official note in your medical record about when your injuries occurred and what caused them.
You can start discussing your legal options with our Iowa City car accident lawyers today. Dial (515) 705-0233 now and ask for a free consultation. During this conversation, we can address the key issues of your case, determine if you should pursue legal action against the other driver, and what happens next if you should. Be sure to ask about our contingency fees, too, which make hiring a car accident attorney affordable for all clients!