Handling a Variety of Different Cases
At LaMarca Law Group, P.C., we believe in the importance of making our clients’ lives easier the moment that they come to us with a personal injury case. It begins by sitting down and listening to your story and paying attention to your needs. We keep it going by handling all aspects of your case as it develops. While we focus on making your claim strong enough to stand up to any opposition, you can rest and take care of yourself and your family.
On This Page
- How Our Injury Firm Can Help Your Case
- Value of Your Injury Claim
- Do You Need to Hire an Attorney?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bring your case to our Davenport personal injury lawyers. Call (515) 705-0233 now.
For years and years, our law firm has been helping people seek compensation after being in accidents that were not their fault. Our reputation means that you can feel safe and certain that we will respect your case and show genuine empathy for what you are going through due to someone else’s mistakes. Our experience means that we will know how to work on your case, no matter what challenges it might bring.
Throughout our years of practice experience, we have seen some of the most difficult cases imaginable. When we begin working on a case for a client, we do not give up for anything, though. Whether you were hit by a reckless driver or fell down the stairs at a neighbor’s house, we want to be the legal team that helps you seek compensation and justice.
Some of the most common personal injury cases we see include:
- Car accidents: Drunk drivers, distracted drivers, and reckless drivers create dangerous circumstances for every other motorist on the road with them. If you were hit by a driver who was not paying attention to the road, then they should be the one to pay for your damages.
- Medical malpractice: As tragic as it is, some people go to the hospital for help but end up being hurt instead due to a medical provider’s mistakes. Medical malpractice cases are always highly contested by defendants and insurers, so you should only progress your case with our help.
- Nursing home abuse: Demand justice now after your elderly loved one was abused or neglected in a nursing home. We would be honored to get the chance to help you hold the wrongful parties accountable.
- Premises liability: When an accident happens because of an unsafe design or defect of a piece of property, the owner or manager of that property can become financially liable for any incurred losses.
- Product liability: Dangerous products cause countless injuries and illnesses every year. We hope to help as many people in Davenport as possible bring successful claims against the product manufacturers who have hurt them through negligence.
- Truck accidents: Violent truck accidents can cause life-changing and permanent injuries. Our team knows how to seek full compensation for those injuries against trucking companies and the major insurance defense teams that usually protect them.
- Workers’ compensation: You should be given workers’ compensation benefits after getting hurt at work. If you are not or if you are worried about your case being complicated before it even starts, come to our firm.
- Wrongful death: Do not burden yourself with legal work after losing a loved one to an accident. Please let our attorneys work on your wrongful death claim, so you and your family can save your energy for healthily grieving as you need.
Once a personal injury claim begins, many clients understandably want to know how valuable it will be. Can you expect a significant recovery if your claim reaches a settlement or award in your favor? Will it be enough to help you get back on your feet after the accident?
It is impossible to know the outcome of a case, even if there is a catalog of evidence to use in your favor. Our Davenport personal injury lawyers would never promise you one amount or another, and you should be hesitant if another law firm does. What we can tell you is that we will do everything possible to maximize the value of your claim, so you are not left with any damage unpaid.
The value of your personal injury claim will be affected by costs, damages, and losses related to:
- Medical treatment: From hospitalization costs and rehabilitative therapies to prescription medicines and specialized aftercare, the liable party should cover all of your medical costs. We might have to fight the insurer over what treatments are medically necessary and what are elective, though.
- Lost income: For many injury claimants, some of the worst financial harm from an accident comes in the form of wages lost because the injury kept them from working. We will be careful to calculate how much you are owed based on the paychecks you missed and the future income you will not be able to earn.
- Disability complications: Miscellaneous costs incurred due to permanent injuries that you suffered in the accident can be added to the overall value of your claim. For example, if you need to install a wheelchair ramp in your home, then the price of that construction can be added.
- Non-economic damage: In an injury claim, you can seek financial compensation for the pain, suffering, and trauma you have endured due to your injury and the aftermath. Such damage is called non-economic damage.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer is the recommended first step in any injury claim. Without an attorney working on your behalf, you will have to move through all the phases and procedures on your own, which is exactly what insurance companies want. Insurance adjusters know that you do not have a deep understanding of liability laws, cost estimations, and so forth. If you are not represented by an attorney, then they will be more likely to try to give you a lowball settlement offer that seems like “the best you can get.”
Technically, you do not need to hire a personal injury attorney because there is no law that requires it in most cases. However, if you want to take the stress of the situation off your shoulders and bolster your claim from the start, then at least speaking with a lawyer should be one of the first things you do after the accident.
Call Our Firm – We Make Cases Simple
Get our Davenport personal injury attorneys on your side today if you want to start a claim that can stand up to the opposition’s efforts. We simplify matters for our clients by handling everything from start to finish. Have no worries when we are on the case. We are known for treating clients like close friends because, in many ways, they are.
Work with a team that cares about your future. Contact us now for a free consultation.
What is Iowa’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases?
In Iowa, there is a strict two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. You have two years from the date of your injury or when it becomes reasonably apparent to file a claim against the liable party or parties. If this due date passes and you have not filed a claim, then you will not have the chance in the future.
How do I know if a settlement offer is fair?
Insurance companies sometimes contact an accident victim a few weeks after to offer a settlement. It might seem like a gift to get a settlement offer so soon, but it is probably too good to be true. The insurance company would not know how to accurately calculate your damages yet, so the chances of the settlement being enough would be slim. Furthermore, some insurance companies try to get claimants to accept an early settlement to close the case and avoid paying them even more later.
What happens if I am partially responsible for my injury?
Iowa uses a modified comparative fault rule when figuring out liability in personal injury claims. Under this rule, you can only bring an injury claim against a party if your liability for the accident was under 51%, meaning you must be less liable than the defendant. Also, any damages that you collect will be reduced by your liability. For example, if the defendant owes you $100,000 in damages but you are 20% for your injury, then your recovery would be reduced to $80,000.
How long will my case take?
No one wants to wait forever to get a settlement or award in a personal injury claim, but some cases can take much longer than others. A “quick” case might take 4 to 6 months to reach a settlement with the help of a skilled attorney. However, if a case goes to litigation, then it could take 12 months or longer to end.
Can I afford a personal injury attorney?
When you work with LaMarca Law Group, P.C., you will not have to worry about affording an attorney. We offer free initial consultations and contingency fee agreements. Working under a contingency fee means that we do not get paid attorney fees unless we end your case in a favorable settlement or award. This system allows anyone to afford to hire an attorney.
We have dedicated our lives to protecting the rights and futures of injured Iowans. We work to ensure that your case is handled while you focus on your recovery.