Iowa City Personal injury Attorneys
Reliable Legal Counsel & Genuine Friends
LaMarca Law Group, P.C. is known throughout Iowa City for providing real, compassionate legal counsel to people in need. When you come to us with a personal injury claim, you will work with lawyers who genuinely want you to recover and feel better. Not only are we ready to handle all aspects of your claim from start to finish, but we are also eager to show you genuine friendship and moral support during this difficult time. This balance of professionalism and personalized care will help put your worries to rest, even if you have a highly complicated or high-stakes case.
On This Page:
- Types of Cases We Handle
- Fighting for Every Penny
- What Damages Can You Recover?
- How Much Time Do You Have to File a Claim?
Find out how to demand compensation from the party that hurt you. Dial (515) 705-0233 now.
Support for Most Any Case Type
Our team of Iowa City personal injury attorneys knows how to successfully manage all sorts of personal injury cases. We bring our eclectic experiences together to prepare us for anything that comes our way. You can feel confident that when you bring a case to our desks that there will be nothing too shocking or complicated for us because we have seen so many similar cases in the past.
However, our familiarity with cases like yours does not translate to impersonal representation. We still insist on giving each client direct attention that shows just how much we care about their future.
We are often called to help clients manage these case types and more:
- Car accidents: Auto accident claims are notoriously frustrating because auto insurance companies don’t want to help claimants make sense of the situation. Rely on us to do that for you and to deal with the insurance company.
- Truck accidents: If you’ve been catastrophically injured in a truck accident, then you should count on us to manage your truck accident case completely. After all, you should probably be resting and focusing on your recovery, not legal procedures.
- Nursing home abuse: We proudly stand up for the seniors in Iowa City and their families by fighting tenaciously against nursing homes that enable or cause their abuse.
- Premises liability: After suffering an injury on someone else’s property, come to our firm for legal support and counsel in your premises liability claim. You could be owed significant compensation from the property owner.
- Product liability: Product makers should be held accountable for selling unsafe and defective products. We can work on product liability cases ranging from auto parts and children’s toys to medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs.
- Workers’ compensation: Injured workers should be able to use workers’ compensation to get the benefits they need to recover. If you need help securing those benefits, then you know you can count on LaMarca Law Group, P.C.
- Wrongful death: Losing a loved one will leave you grieving. While you and your family find your footing again, leave your wrongful death claim up to us. A settlement or award cannot undo what happened, but it can help you find closure and financial stability.
Fighting for Every Penny
We do not cut corners when it comes to calculating the value of our clients’ cases. For collective decades of practice experience, our Iowa City personal injury attorneys have been called upon to work on all sorts of cases, many of which have had significant six-or-seven-figure values. Drawing from our experiences, we know how to tabulate your past, current, and future damages, as well as where to find additional insurance policies to file against if one is not enough. Trust in us to fight for every last dollar owed to you.
What Damages Can You Recover?
The damages available to you through a personal injury claim might cover:
- Medical bills: Hospitalization, emergency care, future rehab therapy, prescription drugs, and more should all be paid for in full by the party that caused your injury.
- Missing wages: If you lost time off work because you were too injured to clock in, then the value of the wages you missed can be added to your case.
- Permanent disability: Complications and losses caused by a permanent disability can add to the value of your claim, such as future income you will never be able to earn.
- Pain, suffering, and trauma: Your pain and suffering can be calculated as non-economic damage. Even the emotional and mental trauma you are still enduring can be counted as non-economic damage in most cases.
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Claim?
Iowa gives you only two years from the date of your injury to file a claim against the liable party. This two-year statute of limitations is strict and is rarely changed or extended for any claimant. Do not risk missing this deadline as time flies by. Get our legal team in your corner as soon as possible.
Ready to Help Now – Call Our Firm
We want to hear from you if you were hurt in Iowa City due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. Our injury lawyers are ready to stand up for you, amplify your voice, and make it clear that you are demanding compensation from the party that caused your injury and loss. Discover your legal options by reaching out to our firm today.
Initial consultations are free. Schedule one todayand ask about our contingency fees.
We have dedicated our lives to protecting the rights and futures of injured Iowans. We work to ensure that your case is handled while you focus on your recovery.