Waterloo Car Accident Attorneys
Learn How to File a Car Accident Claim
If you were hit by a reckless or negligent driver while driving through Waterloo, then LaMarca Law Group, P.C. and our car accident lawyers can help you figure out your next step in pursuit of compensation. You might know that the other driver should pay for your damages, but the actual process of making them pay for those damages could be more complicated than what you are used to. By hiring our firm, you can leave everything up to us, and all of our experience essentially becomes your own.
On This Page
- Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
- What Evidence Can Help with a Car Accident Claim?
- Car Accident Claims & Partial Liability
- Find Out If You Need a Lawyer Today
Contact us today to get started!
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
We can work on cases involving all sorts of crashes, such as:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Head-on collisions
- Auto part defects
Think you have a valid car accident claim? Find out for certain by calling (515) 705-0233 today and speaking with our Waterloo car accident attorneys. We are always eager to hear from new and returning clients to see what we can do to make their situations at least a little better for them.
What Evidence Can Help with a Car Accident Claim?
The driver who hit you will probably not admit to it. They know that they could get in serious trouble if they do, especially if they were breaking the law when they hit you. You will probably have to fight them with a convincing claim, which our attorneys can build for you. Using various types of evidence, we can see about making your case more powerful, so the opposition feels compelled to offer a fair settlement amount.
Evidence that could help your case includes:
- Police reports: If the police showed up at the scene of your crash, then the reports they file later could be crucial for your claim. It is difficult for insurance companies to refute evidence from a commonly trusted source like a law officer.
- Dashcam footage: Video footage captured by your dashcam could be the best form of evidence. Let us review the footage to see if it captured the moment that the other driver did something negligent or reckless that then caused the crash.
- Eyewitness testimonies: Please let our attorneys talk to any eyewitnesses who stopped to help after the crash. If they saw anything useful, then we can interview them to find out what and how that applies to your case.
- Medical records: Your medical records can prove that you suffered the injuries you have cited in your claim. Furthermore, your doctor should have noted how your injuries occurred and when.
Car Accident Claims & Partial Liability
In Iowa, you cannot pursue a car accident claim if you are found to be 51% liable (or greater) for the accident. In other words, you cannot be more at fault than the other driver or drivers involved. Furthermore, any award that you are given will be reduced by your liability percentage if you can file a claim. For example, if your liability is determined to be 15%, then the total amount of compensation owed to you will be reduced by 15%.
Find Out If You Need a Lawyer Today
If you would like to explore your options after being in a crash in Waterloo, Iowa, then you can count on LaMarca Law Group, P.C. for honest legal counsel. During a free consultation, we can hear the details of your accident and determine if you have a case to pursue. If you do, then we can discuss the next steps to take to get your case moving.
Filing a car accident case with our lawyers is simple. Call (515) 705-0233 to find out more.