Waterloo Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Injured Workers Can Trust Our Team
Work-related accidents and injuries happen all the time. Not all workers get the workers’ comp benefits they need to comfortably recover, though. In virtually every industry, injured workers often encounter resistance from their employers and workers’ compensation insurance companies after suffering a workplace injury. Far too many of them will never get those benefits because they give up on their case before it gets a chance to truly begin.
At LaMarca Law Group, P.C., we are adamant about making sure every injured worker in Iowa gets a fair chance at receiving the benefits they need to recover and get back to work sooner than later. If you are facing any difficulties when pursuing workers’ compensation or think that you will benefit from legal guidance even before you start a claim, then please contact our firm now. Our Waterloo workers’ comp lawyers are always standing by to hear from new and returning clients.
On This Page
- How We Help Injured Workers
- What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Can You Get?
- Help for Every Worker & Industry
To request a no-cost initial case discussion, dial (515) 705-0233.
How We Help Injured Workers
When a work accident strikes, it will cause harm and disruption to all facets of your life. To set things right and get your life back on track, it is important to receive and utilize as many workers’ comp benefits as possible. Come to our firm, and we can help you with a number of different case types and concerns.
Related case types that we can handle include:
- Workers’ compensation: Workers’ compensation is designed to give an injured worker certain benefits without the requirement of establishing liability for the accident first.
- Workplace injury claims: Normally, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer if you use workers’ comp, too. In some situations, though, you can get workers’ comp and file a work injury claim against a third party.
- Construction site injury claims: Complications often surround construction accident cases, especially when considering liability. You should trust such a complex case to our firm.
- Disability benefits: If you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability suffered in your work accident, then we can discuss how to get disability benefits.
What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Can You Get?
As mentioned, workers’ compensation benefits should help you recover from the aftermath of a work-related accident. It does this by guaranteeing that you have access to several benefits, assuming that there is no interference from the insurer or your employer.
Three important benefits of workers’ comp include:
- Medical care: Full medical care cost coverage is a standard benefit of every workers’ compensation insurance plan. Even small costs like co-pay amounts must be provided for the worker.
- Disability pay: You can earn two-thirds of your average pre-injury wages if you cannot return to work shortly after a workplace accident. If you can never return to work at full capacity, then you might be able to earn long-term disability benefits, including disability payments based on the severity and rating of your disability.
- Retraining: You might be able to get cost-free training courses and certifications if you need them to hold gainful employment due to a lasting disability. In some cases, a worker can even be entitled to retraining for a completely new career, not even a job at their previous employer.
Help for Every Worker & Industry
If you are an employee in Iowa, then there is a good chance that you are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. There are only a few exceptions under the state’s rules, such as most independent contractors. However, if you are covered, then your industry and its inherent risks should not matter.
Examples of workers we proudly represent include:
- Police officers
- Doctors and nurses
- Transportation workers
- Retail workers
- Foodservice workers
- Hospitality workers
- Manufacturing plant workers
When You Need Legal Help, Call Our Firm
The moment you need legal counsel for a workers’ compensation claim in Waterloo is the same moment you should pick up the phone and dial (515) 705-0233. If you do, you will connect with the highly experienced attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. Get us on your side, and we can fight diligently for every benefit owed to you. If your claim has already been wrongfully denied, then we can see about pursuing a settlement in your name.
For more information, fill out an online contact form today.