West Des Moines Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Let Yourself Rest After a Workplace Injury
Were you enjoying a day at work when you had an accident and got injured? The good news is that you might be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits that help you recover quickly and comfortably. The bad news is that your employer or their insurance company might make it needlessly difficult for you to get those benefits.
The second bit of good news is that LaMarca Law Group, P.C. is here to help. Our West Des Moines workers’ compensation lawyers can deal with the insurance company and your employer, too, if they are trying to deny or minimize your workers’ comp benefits. Our focus will be on your swift recovery made possible by benefits that take care of your health and finances.
On This Page
- Who We Represent
- What Injuries Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
- Benefits of Workers’ Compensation
- We Help New Hires & Company Execs Alike
Learn more about workers’ compensation in Iowa today. Call (515) 705-0233.
We proudly offer our services to workers from all industries, such as:
- Law enforcement
- Office and administration
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault insurance system that allows you to get its benefits even if you caused your own workplace injury. The key is that the injury happened by accident, not intentionally, or due to some egregious safety violation that you should have known to avoid.
What types of work-related injuries are covered by workers’ compensation? You will be relieved to know that a wide variety of injuries and disabilities are recognized in the average workers’ compensation plan. To get into the specifics of whether your injury is covered, we invite you to contact our firm and set up a free consultation.
Common examples of workplace injuries that qualify for workers’ comp benefits include:
- Back injuries: Repeated lifting through a workday can and often does result in painful, debilitating back injuries.
- Repetitive stress injuries (RSI): An RSI occurs when the same motion is repeated countless times, even if that motion is not strenuous. For example, office workers who use keyboards for hours each day are at risk of carpal tunnel syndrome and other hand-related RSIs.
- Occupational illnesses: Exposure to contagious illnesses and diseases are sometimes part of the job, especially for healthcare workers. If an illness keeps you from work but you caught it at work, then you might qualify for workers’ compensation.
- Mental health difficulties: Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression can sometimes constitute the need for workers’ comp. For example, police officers who have seen a grievous wound or fatality in the line of duty might be able to file a work-related PTSD claim.
The benefits that you can get from workers’ compensation should help you get back on your feet without breaking the bank. What benefits can you expect? It will depend on the details of your injury and employment, but most workers’ compensation benefits packages include a few staples.
You are likely eligible to receive the following workers’ comp benefits:
- All necessary medical care: The full extent of necessary medical care for your work-related injury should be covered, including co-pays, deductibles, and the price of gas to get you to and from appointments.
- Disability payments: You can recover a portion of your usual wages in temporary disability payments if you can’t get back to work right away. If you have a permanent disability, then you can apply for long-term disability payment benefits that are based on the severity and type of the disability.
- Vocational retraining: If you cannot return to the same role or workplace due to a disability, then you could be provided training and courses at no cost to you to begin a new career.
From cashiers to corporate executives, our West Des Moines workers’ compensation attorneys help every injured worker. We believe that you should get the workers’ comp benefits you need without stressing yourself out. With our representation and counsel, you can explore your options and pursue a claim with ease.