James J. Biscoglia earned a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (1992) and a Doctor of Jurisprudence with Honors (1995) at Drake University.
Mr. Biscoglia has been selected as a member of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers. Membership in the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers is by invitation only and is limited to 250 attorneys who are dedicated to trial practice. He is also board certified in medical malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
Mr. Biscoglia is admitted to practice law in all the state and federal courts in Iowa. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Florida and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and he is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Federal Claims. He has been active in the legislative activities of the Iowa Association for Justice and serves on the organization’s Board of Governors and on the Legislative Action Committee.
Mr. Biscoglia started his career working for the State of Florida as an Assistant State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County, Florida where he became a lead trial attorney. After three years as a state prosecutor, he entered private practice with a prominent civil litigation firm in Florida where he gained substantial trial experience in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, economic fraud, and nursing home abuse cases.
Upon returning to Iowa in 2004, Mr. Biscoglia joined LaMarca Law Group, P.C. to practice in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and automobile injury cases.
When not practicing law, Mr. Biscoglia enjoys soccer and wrestling. He is an active supporter of both sports in both the interscholastic and youth settings. He serves the Waukee School District as an Assistant High School Wrestling Coach. In 2018 the coaching staff of Waukee was selected as “Coaching Staff of the Year” following Waukee’s second-place finishes in the dual and traditional state wrestling tournaments. He is also active in coaching youth wrestlers and was an assistant coach for Team Iowa, which won the 2010 AAU Elementary School National Dual Team Championship. In 2011 he became head coach for Team Iowa, which successfully defended its national championship.
Mr. Biscoglia also has taken an interest in the development of youth recreational green space and served as President of GET WYRD – a non-profit corporation organized to help develop green space for recreational programs in the Waukee area.
Get in Contact:
Legal Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys, Member
- Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Board Of Directors
- Legislative Action Committee
- Iowa Bar Association
- U.S. District Court of Northern Iowa
- U.S. District Court of Southern Iowa
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- USA Wrestling Bronze Coaching License
- Coaching Certification – Iowa Athletic Association High School
- Waukee High School Assistant Wrestling Coach (2006-Present)
- USSF National Coaching License
- Soccer USSF State Soccer Referee
- Vision Soccer Academy Team Coach (2004-2008)
- Johnston Urbandale Soccer Club Assistant Coach (2011-13)