The workers’ compensation system allows employees to be compensated for the cost of work injuries without extensive or costly court proceedings – in theory. In practice, injured workers sometimes find it frustratingly difficult to receive fair compensation for medical expenses. In some cases, workers’ compensation insurance companies may even deny an injured person’s eligibility for compensation.
If your employer is trying to dispute your workers’ compensation claim, you need experienced and dedicated legal help. To discuss your case with a knowledgeable Iowa workers’ comp dispute lawyer, call LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at (515) 705-0233.
When Benefits may be Denied
Under the law, an injured worker may be denied any benefits if his or her injury was sustained under the following circumstances:
- While the worker was under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- When the employee was not actually performing his or her job duties
- While the worker was committing a crime
- During a fight provoked by the injured worker
- While the employee was participating in any inappropriate work behavior
In addition, a workers’ compensation insurance company may accuse the worker of:
- Exaggerating the symptoms of his or her injuries
- Deliberately inflicting injuries to receive benefits
- Fabricating injuries after an accident
If you have been accused of actions like these, you could be facing denial of your benefits. You need a qualified Iowa workers’ compensation attorney to help you settle your case fairly.
Your Iowa lawyers LaMarca Law Group, P.C. provide organized and knowledgeable legal services. Contact us at (515) 705-0233.