Losing a loved one in an unexpected accident or assault is one of the most painful experiences a person may encounter. In addition to the pain and grief, there is also a high level of stress as surviving loved ones struggle to make new financial and living arrangements. The number of changes that must be handled in such a short time can be overwhelming.
If you have lost a member of your family due to another party’s reckless or thoughtless behavior, your Iowa lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., may be able to help. If you have grounds for a wrongful death claim, we are prepared to diligently and aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve. Call our offices today at (515) 705-0233.
Wrongful Death Compensation
Under Iowa law, the deceased person’s spouse and/or children can receive compensation from a wrongful death claim. If the deceased was a minor, his or her parents may be named as the beneficiaries. The damages awarded for a wrongful death claim may include:
- Burial and funeral costs
- Medical bills related to the deceased person’s injuries
- Loss of the deceased person’s companionship and guidance
- Loss of the deceased person’s financial contributions to the household
- Loss of the deceased person’s benefits, including pension and health insurance
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (which penalize egregious acts of negligence)
Your Iowa wrongful death attorneys believe in justice for the surviving loved ones of negligence victims. We will utilize our full legal knowledge and resources to construct and pursue your case.
Your Iowa lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. have been proudly fighting for the rights of families for over 15 years. To discuss what we can do for you and your family, contact us at (515) 705-0233.